KELSEY McCann is the firm’s Chief of Staff. In her role, Kelsey weighs in on and executes strategic planning, including HR issues, public relations, pro bono initiatives, staffing and the firm’s general strategic vision.
As the Chair of the Hiring Committee, Kelsey develops and executes the firm’s recruitment efforts, including screening and evaluating lateral hires (including attorneys and non-attorneys) for both permanent and temporary work. She also leads the Summer Associate committee, where she evaluates law students and college interns for the firm’s summer program and structuring the various aspects of the summer program, including the firm’s unique training model.
Kelsey’s creation and leadership of diversity efforts within the firm has made her a national thought leader. She created novel outreach programs to law schools, law school groups, and attorney organizations in order to broaden the pool of applicants the firm was seeing. Today, as a result of her efforts, Edelson PC is considered one of the most diverse “high stakes” plaintiff’s firms in the country, and was recently awarded the Diversity Initiative Award, given to the plaintiff’s firm demonstrating a successful effort to promote diversity within its organization and the profession at large by The National Law Journal. The firm also has been recognized as having the second highest lawyer satisfaction rate in the country by law360 and the highest one nationally by Above the Law.
Kelsey also works with the different practice groups and the individual employees to set and execute short and long term individual and firm-specific goals.
- “Women in Law Firm Leadership Are Changing The Profession,” Law Practice Today, August 31, 2022.
- “Choosing the Right Plaintiff-side Firm,” The National Law Journal, July 8, 2022.
- “Big Law Associate Raises Miss the Mark,” The National Law Journal, September 1, 2021.
- “Big Law Refuted: Plaintiffs Firms Offer a Less-Traveled Route to Success,” The National Law Journal, February 3, 2021.
- Guest on Lateral Link’s Movers, Shakers & Rainmakers Podcast, “Chief of Staff of Edelson PC, Kelsey McCann” (August 11, 2022).
- Guest Host on Non-Compliant Podcast, “The One Where We Discuss How to be a Successful Summer Associate” (June 23, 2022).
- Guest on Law.com’s Legal Speak Podcast, “How Edelson Ensures Diverse Attorneys Don’t Feel Like ‘A Cog in Someone’s Machine‘” (October 22, 2021).
- Guest on Non-Compliant Podcast, “The One Where We Talk Legal Recruiting” (September 23, 2021).
- Guest on Non-Compliant Podcast, “The One Where We Lift the Veil on Legal Recruiting with Kelsey McCann” (February 11, 2011).