FELIPE SIERRA is a Digital Forensics Investigator at Edelson PC where he investigates claims involving privacy violations, security issues and tech-related abuse. He is part of a team that has investigated various claims arising out of the fraudulent development, marketing, and sale of computer software, unlawful tracking of consumers through digital devices, unlawful collection, storage, and dissemination of consumer data, large-scale data breaches, receipt of unsolicited communications, and other deceptive marketing practices.
Felipe has presented his research on several occasions at conferences and has also served as a guest lecturer at the Illinois Institute of Technology on topics relating to security.
Certifications and Training:
Felipe holds the Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) and GIAC Web Application Penetration Tester (GWAPT) certifications and has attended several information security trainings and workshops. His most recent trainings include: “Defense and Offense: Understanding Attackers through Red Team Tactics” at Black Hat 2017 and “Adversary Tactics: Red Team Operations” taught by SpecterOps in 2018.
- Guest lecturer at Illinois Institute of Technology and presented Cryptography and Powershell topics for the Cyber Security Technologies course.
- TV appearance for Univision Chicago speaking about Privacy in mobile apps for children.
- Presented “Personal Digital Security” at the Getting Free! IMC Digital Security Workshop organized by the Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center and the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. (September, 2017)
- Presented “Defending your Android apps” at ACM SIGITE/RIIT. (October, 2015)
- Presented “Defending your Android apps” at 2015 Forensecure Conference. (April, 2015)
- Presented “Fractal Steganography” at 2014 Forensecure Conference. (April, 2014)
Prior to joining Edelson PC, Felipe worked in the technology consulting field as a technology consulting analyst for Accenture. He worked on several different projects, including the implementation of Oracle E-Business Suite for a major telecommunications company, the development of a bank’s mobile application, and architecting the network design for an Oil and Gas company.Read More