NICHOLAS ROSINIA is a Partner at Edelson PC, where he leads the firm’s Trial practice group. Nick’s trial practice focuses on advocating before judges, juries, and arbitrators nationwide in high-stakes cases—often of first impression—on behalf of victims of corporate wrongdoing and government entities.
Prior to joining Edelson PC, Nick worked at two prominent, international law firms.
- James v. PacifiCorp, No. 20-CV-33885 (Mult. Co. Cir. Ct.); Salter v. PacifiCorp, No. 21-CV-33595 (Mult. Co. Cir. Ct.); Allen v. PacifiCorp, No. 20-CV-37430 (Mult. Co. Cir. Ct.). Appointed Lead Damages Trial Counsel in coordinated class and mass action proceeding on behalf of nearly one thousand victims of 2020 Labor Day fires in Oregon.
- Doty et al. v. ADT, LLC et. al., Nos. 20-cv-60972 & 21-cv-80645 (S.D. Fla.); Bryant et al. v. ADT, LLC, No. 21-cv-82359 (S.D. Fla.); ADT, LLC v. Dorsey et al., No. 22-cv-00643 (N.D. Tex.). Trial counsel to dozens of families pursuing home security company ADT in courts and through arbitration for flaw in ADT’s flagship “smart home” security system that allowed an ADT technician to surreptitiously watch customers and their families through their indoor ADT security cameras.
- District of Columbia v. JUUL Labs, Inc., 2019 CA 007795 B (D.C. Sup. Ct.). Representing the District of Columbia in enforcement action against JUUL for alleged deceptive marketing leading to a youth vaping epidemic.
- Allianz Global Risks U.S. Ins. Co., et al. v. ACE Prop. & Cas. Ins. Co., et al., 1204-04552, (Multnomah County (Oregon) Circuit Court): Successfully represented client in bench and six-week jury trials in nine-figure, inter-insurer contribution litigation seeking recovery for thousands of asbestos claims and significant Superfund liabilities.*
- Ciapessoni, et. al. v. The United States of America, No. 1:15-cv-00938 (Court of Federal Claims 2015): Represented putative class of California raisin growers in initial stages of class action arising out of the federal government’s taking of reserve raisins.*
- Horne et al. v. U.S. Dept. of Ag., No. 14-275: Represented cooperative of raisin growers and association of raisin growers as amici curiae before the United States Supreme Court.*
- Trial counsel to personal lines insurance carrier in successful, multi-week arbitration hearing seeking reinsurance recovery for ice dam losses.*
- Trial counsel to multinational insurance carrier in successful, multi-week arbitration hearing arising out dispute with historical reinsurer.*
* Matter handled prior to joining Edelson PC.
- Illinois Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2020-2022
- Graduate of the 29th Annual National Trial Advocacy College at the University of Virginia School of Law.
- Part of team that won the 2012 ABA National Appellate Advocacy Moot Court Competition—during which Nick individually received National Best Advocate Award, Second Place—and the 2011 William E. McGee Moot Court Competition
- Numerous law school awards include the Breckinridge Academic Award, (Second Honors), Honor Scholar Award, Judge Amandus Brackman Moot Court Award, Don Summers Award in Professional Responsibility, Dean’s Scholarship, and the Scholar-in-Law Awards. Upon graduation, Nick was also inducted into the Order of the Coif.
- Presenter, “Reinsurance 101”, Chicago Bar Association’s Insurance Law Committee
- Presenter, “Reinsurance Mock Arbitration”, 2020 ReFocus Conference
- Presenter, “Insurance Issues Raised by Artificial Intelligence in the Workplace”, June 2018 AIRROC Regional Education Day
- Presenter, “Mock Arbitration,” 2018 RAA Re Claims Training
- How ‘Reasonable’ Has Become Unreasonable: A Proposal for Rewriting the Lasting Legacy of Jackson v. Indiana, 89 WASH. U. L. REV. 673 (2012).
- Nick is admitted to practice in Illinois and the District of Columbia, as well as before the United States District Courts for the Northern District of Illinois and the District of Columbia.